You are currently viewing Opting For Quartz Worktops In Harrow? Come To Marble & Granite!
Calacatta quartz kitchen worktops

Opting For Quartz Worktops In Harrow? Come To Marble & Granite!

More and more people today are choosing stone worktops when refurbishing their kitchens, and with good reason. They look fabulous, are pretty easy to clean, and can be pretty tough too. But what sort of stone worktops are the best for you?

We can help you at Marble & Granite. Based in Hatfield, we are your local supplier of all things stone, and not just marble and granite.

Many of our customers today are going for quartz worktops in Harrow for a number of reasons. Oddly enough, it is not actually a natural stone: it is man-made. It consists of about 93% natural quartz, but this is mixed with resins and pigments which make up the other 7% or so.

All of the basic stone material comes from the Breton company in Italy which has a patent on the design process. The good news is that the actual manufacturing process produces low carbon emissions, so it is eco-friendly.

Completely Non-Porous

A big benefit of quartz for use as worktops is that it is totally non-porous. Other stones can be porous to different degrees, but nearly all of them will require a sealant, whereas quartz never needs sealing. So, it is resistant to staining, and also bacteria and moulds cannot grow in it, which is perfect for a surface on which you prepare foods.

However, you have to be careful not to put hot pans from the hob or oven directly on the surface. This is because of the resins contained in the stone. You always need to use a trivet. With that said, the same applies to many other stone surfaces as well.

Since quartz is so hard, it also means that you are very unlikely to scratch it, but again you should use a chopping board, as indeed, you should with almost any other worktop material.

Quartz worktops are available in a variety of different finishes, so they can be polished, honed, leathered, and so on, as you wish. You can also have your own choice of edges on a quartz worktop as well.

As for colours and patterns, the world is your oyster, as the old saying goes. Quartz can be provided in a huge choice of colours and patterns and can even be made to imitate other natural stones such as granite, marble, limestone, and so on.

So, if you wish to consider quartz for your kitchen or bathroom, make an appointment to come and talk to us in Hatfield and see all your options.

Leave a Reply