Maintaining kitchen worktops is not always fun and games, especially when you want your kitchen to look elegant and squeaky clean. The perfect solution to all your kitchen woes ends with quartz worktops. This article will break down all the pros and cons of stone worktops in London, especially quartz worktops, so you can make the right choice for your kitchen. Let’s go!
Pros of quartz worktops in Romford:
- Versatile: Quartz is a versatile material that is perfect for a kitchen worktop. But in case you have some leftover material, you can also use it in your washrooms and minibars since it fits well in all ambiences.
- Durable: Modern homes need modern solutions when it comes to kitchen worktops that are stylish, durable and easy to clean. Quartz worktops in Romford check all these boxes. These do not crack, scratch or chip easily. Moreover, cleaning them is a breeze. You do not need any special cleaner. For regular cleaning, you can use soapy water.
- Non-porous: One of the limitations of natural stones is that they are porous. Therefore, they are more susceptible to staining. However, engineered quartz is non-porous. Hence, you do not have to worry about any liquid or bacteria penetrating inside the quartz worktop.
Cons of quartz worktops:
- Price: The wonderful benefits of quartz come at a cost. Hence, you may want to reconsider other materials if you are on a tight budget. You will also have to bear the installation charges besides purchasing the material.
- Installation: Installing a quartz worktop is more than a DIY project. It is time-consuming and requires expertise. Moreover, the slabs are not lightweight. Hence, the installers must prepare a strong foundation for holding the worktop. The colour and patterns also make it a complex task.
- Limited use: If you want a quartz worktop for your outdoor kitchen, you will be disappointed. It can get easily discoloured if exposed to direct sunlight. The UV light will degenerate the pigment and leave an unpleasant yellow hue on the worktop.
Shop for Stone Worktops in London:
We are one of the leading stone fabricators, specialising in quartz, and we associate ourselves with top quartz brands. From classic to modern, you can find a variety of polishes at Marble & Granite. Our experts recommend the best quality quartz to clients per their needs and budgets. Get in touch with us today for a free consultation or a complimentary quote.