Love cooking or not, the kitchen is a healing space for many. The aroma of spices and the freshness of veggies and fruits are not only relaxing to taste buds but a gift to one’s sanity. Thus, your kitchen must have everything that makes it vibrant and lightens your mood as you enter it. Having a granite worktop does the job half done because it enhances the space and adds value to your home. Let us tell you everything you must know about granite worktops in Hemel Hempstead.
Benefits of Granite Worktop
- Granite, a natural stone, is one of the best options for bringing nature close to you.
- It combines durability, resistance to external factors and an original look. If installed and used correctly, granite worktops can last for decades.
- Its natural colour, structure and pattern make it one of the most popular kitchen worktop materials in Hemel Hempstead, England.
- Granite being the second hardest material in the world, it resists chips and scratches during regular use.
- As it is naturally formed by pressure and heat, worktops made of granite stone resist heat well. You can put a hot pan on the surface of your granite worktops without scorching it, though we recommend using pot holders.
- Using a proper sealant applied annually, you can maintain stain- resistance of your granite worktop.
- The use of granite worktop is not limited to the kitchen; you can use it as the fireplace mantle, tabletops, shelves, bathroom sinks, flooring etc.
- The price of granite depends on its colour and fabrication complexity. Therefore, you can always choose a granite type that meets your expectations without worrying about your budget.
Colour options available in granite worktops in Hemel Hempstead
Granite comes in a wide range of colours and shades of:
- Brown and many more.
Things to Remember
- Though the granite worktops are stain-resistant, you should clean up spills immediately using a professional granite cleaner. If spills dry on the worktop, you should gently scrape them off using a plastic scraper.
- Granite is porous, hence preventing using any alkalis and acids on it.
- Never use products containing acids, ammonia, vinegar or other general-purpose cleaners, as they damage the surface of the worktop.
- Always use a cutting board for dicing, chopping, and slicing foods because sharp knives and cleavers can damage the granite.
- When you have granite worktops installed, ask the installation expert about the type of sealant to apply every year.
Each piece of granite is unique; hence, you can be assured that no one will have the same worktop as you. With a wide range of colours and patterns available, you have ample options for choosing a worktop that suits your home decor. It enhances the overall look of your home. Now that you know everything about the fabulous and unique granite, give your kitchen and home the look it deserves. You can find a vast collection of some amazing granite worktops in Hemel Hempstead.