Natural stone worktops always add a wow factor to your home. Due to their versatility and convenience, granite worktops in Mayfair are a popular choice among modern homeowners. But how can you keep the worktops looking good as new forever? Granite worktops are essential and hassle-free and do not stain or damage easily. However, there are some fundamentals of cleaning and caring for these worktops.
Tips for Cleaning Granite Worktops:
Granite worktops have easy maintenance, and you can retain their shine for a long time. Just follow these do’s and dont’s:
- Avoid using coarse cloths, scouring pads, scrubbers and sponges on the granite worktop since they can leave scratches on the polish.
- Use a pH-neutral cleaner instead of harsh, chemical-based solutions, as they can corrode the surface.
- Do not use acidic substances for cleaning, and wipe off lemon juice and spills immediately.
- After using, regularly wipe the granite worktops with a soft cloth and water to avoid staining. Occasionally, you can use warm, soapy water.
- Instead of cutting vegetables directly on the granite worktop, always use a chopping board.
- Try using coasters when placing hot pans and utensils on the granite worktop. If you have a granite worktop in your washroom, use placemats to keep your curling irons and hair straighteners. Avoid direct contact with the surface.
How to Deep-Clean a Granite Worktop?
If you are someone who loves to host grand parties and entertain guests, having a squeaky-clean house is surely a top priority. While regular cleaning is effective for the surface, you may want to deep-clean the granite worktops once a month. Use a handheld steam cleaner to thoroughly clean the countertops. It can remove stubborn oil, grease, and stains, which normal wiping cannot do. Once done, scrub it with a piece of microfibre cloth and soapy water to remove residues. You can also add another step, where you wipe the wet worktops with a dry, soft piece of cloth to avoid water marks. This tip is particularly helpful for granite worktops in the washroom.
Find the Best Granite Worktops in Mayfair With Marble & Granite:
Now that you know how to take care of granite countertops, make them a permanent fixture in your kitchens and washrooms. You can also explore different stone worktops, such as marble, quartz, etc., and select what’s best for your home. Visit our website or talk to our experts to learn more.