Granite Worktops in Mayfair
Natural stones like granite give buyers ample options, including materials, colours, and other features. It has been a popular choice for worktops for the past years. Not only marble worktops in London, but also granite worktops are aesthetic, economical, elegant and durable. Here are five cleaning tips to keep your granite worktops squeaky clean.
Method 1: Daily Maintenance:
- Opt for a pH-neutral cleaner: Avoid using acidic and abrasive cleaners on the granite as they may damage the sealant on the worktop. Instead, choose a pH-neutral cleaner or stone cleaner. You can also use regular dish soap.
- Dry spilt liquids with a dishcloth: If you spill any liquid like water, tea, coffee or wine, do not wipe it immediately. Take a dry dishcloth and blot the liquid. It will prevent moisture from seeping into the pores. A sealed granite worktop may not stain easily, but you must be careful due to regular wear and tear.
- Alcohol and water solution as a disinfectant: Kitchen worktops must be squeaky clean for hygiene. Although granite is known to repel bacteria, here is a homemade disinfectant that will work wonderfully. Mix water and 91% isopropyl alcohol in a 1:1 ratio in a spray bottle. Now spray the counter with the solution and let it sit for five minutes. Take a damp cloth and wipe it out. Let it dry for a while.
Method 2: Deep Cleaning:
- Use baking powder to clean oil spills: During cooking, if you mistakenly spill oil or any oil-based liquid, removing the stains can be tricky. Here is a simple trick for you. Make a soda and baking powder paste and slather it on the stain for a few hours (preferably overnight). Next day take a soft damp cloth and wipe out the paste.
- Mix baking soda and hydrogen peroxide for water stains: Watermarks, coffee, wine, or juice stains look nasty on a granite worktop. To remove them, mix hydrogen peroxide with baking soda. Apply the paste generously on the stain and cover it with a tissue or a cloth. Leave it overnight for the best results. If you spill wine or coffee, immediately use this solution to prevent the liquid from seeping into the stone.
If you have your heart set on natural stone kitchen worktops, you should consider granite worktops or marble worktops in London. No matter what worktop you choose, Marble & Granite Ltd has the perfect stone for every home.